This policy explains how and why we collect your personal information, what personal information we collect, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it. wipperoz is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What kinds of personal information we collect and store
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you and store may include:
- identity information such as your full name, contact details (including email address, phone number or mobile phone number) and Australian Business Number (ABN) for Australians requiring tax invoices;
- username and password;
- identity documentation such as driver’s licence or passport number or any other proof of identity document to verify your identity;
- your credit card, which is processed by a third-party service provider that handles payments for us;
- location where you are interested in performing works; and
- your occupation, skills, interests and other information related to demostrate your work experience to your possible customers
Without these details we may not be able to carry on our business and provide you with the products or services you require or the level of services which we aim to offer.
If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your Wipperoz account with those changes, so that we can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
Wipperoz collects information about the way you use our Services, including the transactions you enter into on our Services, reviews and rating, the quotes submitted, the comments posted, work orders and wips created, the pages visited and how you use our Services.
Wipperoz does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily posted by you in a publicly accessible area of our Services.
How we collect personal information and where it is stored
We may also obtain your personal information from our affiliates or advertising partners, clients, contractors, customers and other third parties such as survey or competition websites, marketing websites, any other websites accessible via our website that we consider helps us to deliver or advertise our services, understand online activity and collect information that we consider important to managing the quality or content of our services that we deliver.
We may store your data manually or electronically. Any data stored electronically will be stored in secure servers, and any data stored manually will be stored in our premises within Australia.
The reasons why we need to collect personal information
Wipperoz uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to identify and autheticate users;
- to protect Wipperoz and users of our Services;
- to provide and manage our business functions or activities, including providing our Services to you;
- to manage invoicing, billing and payment systems and services;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services;
- to monitor the usage of our Services;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news and general information about our Services;
- as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if Wipperoz reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other reasons where the law allows or requires us to do so.
How we’ll use and disclose personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed:
- to third party service providers that provide business, verification, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and our Services, or administer activities on our behalf;
- to analytics and other third-party tools:
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to track website traffic. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: Google privacy. We also encourage you to review Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: Google analytics.
- Location services.
- We use openweathermap to get weather forecast in the location you are using our Services.
- to payment and billing service providers:
- to cloud services providers:
- Amazon Rekognition. We use Amazon Rekognition service to verify your profile identity. To find out more about the service visit: Rekognition faqs
- We use Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Services to store most of the data use within our Services.
- to other third parties who participate in marketing initiatives, as authorised by you or on an aggregate basis, and with consultants, advisors and analytics providers as necessary to measure and improve our Services. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- between users, such us your full name, your ratings, reviews and what's in the public profile created by you.
- to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted or required by law. We may also share your personal data if we believe there has been a violation of our Terms and Conditions, our rights, or the rights of any third party.
- with any other third party with your consent or as necessary to deliver a service you requested.
Our services may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our Services.
Security of personal information
Wipperoz takes reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, however we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption. In light of this, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal data to us at your own risk. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
Where Wipperoz no longer needs personal information for any purpose for which the information may be used, Wipperoz takes reasonable steps to destroy the information or ensure that it is de-identified, except where:
- the personal information is part of a Commonwealth record, or
- Wipperoz is required by law or a court/tribunal order to retain the personal information
How you can access your personal information or ask for a correction
You may obtain access to your personal information if your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant, you may ask us to correct it.
Please contact us using the details set out below in the section titled "Contacting us"
To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
How to lodge a complaint if you think your information has mishandled, and how they’ll handle your complaint
We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve, within 30 days, any breach that might have occurred in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to investigate your complaint.